This puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of delivery. The buyer agrees to have the puppy inspected by a licensed veterinarian within 15 business days of receipt of the puppy. If the puppy is found to be in unacceptable health, a written statement from the veterinarian should be forwarded to the seller and the puppy should be returned within 7 days (at buyer’s expense) for a refund or replacement. (See pg two)
The newly adopted pet has been vet checked; is up to date on shots and worming; has dew claws removed and tail docked. A health record is furnished on delivery with vet certification. AKC Reunite ID Chip #____________
Commercial shipment with Nanny Requirements and fees are buyer’s responsibility.
Additional terms and conditions from page two incorporated as part of the complete agreement.
This contract applies to the original buyer only and is non-transferable to a second party. Sale with AKC Limited Registration may or may not include papers. This puppy is never to be used for breeding purposes; and should be spayed or neutered or other option: “Ovary Sparing Spay and Vasectomy” by 2 years of age.
Our dogs are companion pets, not for breeding, and not show dogs. Seller will have first option of further placement. Seller has authority to review and approve habitat within one year. Breeder/Sellers may remove puppy/dog from the possession of the Buyer for non-compliance of terms of this agreement, for not disclosing any danger or any previous health issue that interferes with the care of the puppy/dog, at which time the Contract shall terminate. Breeder/Seller agrees to consult with Buyer before permanently removing the dog from Buyer’s possession unless, in the judgement of the Breeder/Seller, the dog must be immediately removed from the possession of the Buyer to protect the health, welfare and safety of the dog. If the dog does not need to be immediately removed from the Buyer’s possession, Breeder/Seller shall give Buyer a reasonable amount of time to comply with Breeder/Seller’s requirements for maintaining the health, welfare, or safety of the dog before permanently removing the dog. Breeder/Seller may immediately remove a puppy/dog from the home should the Buyer re-home or give out the puppy/dog to a third party without specific written permission from Breeder/Seller. If this were to occur, the Buyer would also pay the Breeder/Seller the original value of said puppy/dog.
By filling out and signing this form, I agree to the purchase of one companion toy poodle.
TOY POODLE GUARANTEE
Seller warrants, to the best of our knowledge that the ‘page one’ described puppy is in good health and of pet quality at the time the puppy leaves Seller’s possession. Reasonable care has been exercised to prevent or eliminate all parasites and/or skin problems.
Buyer should have a licensed veterinarian examine this puppy within 15 business days of receipt of the puppy. If a licensed veterinarian declares this puppy in unacceptable health and the puppy and paperwork are returned to seller within 7 days of examination (at buyer’s expense) for a refund or replacement. A written statement from the veterinarian is required.
If within the first 6 months of receipt of the puppy, a licensed veterinarian diagnosis's this puppy with a congenital and/or genetic health defect that causes death, is seriously debilitating or life threatening or associated with significant quality of life issues, puppy will be replaced with one puppy of equal or lesser value (as per original purchase price) as soon as one is available. Buyer will be responsible for the price difference if buyer chooses a puppy of greater value. There are no cash refunds to exercise such replacement option. Buyer must submit, from a licensed veterinarian, either a medical report stating that a severe health problem attributed to a genetic or congenital defect exists, or proof of death resulting from a genetic or congenital problem. Should a death occur due to an unknown cause, a licensed veterinarian must perform a necropsy, with a copy of the report forwarded to Seller before determining if a replacement is to be made. All expenses are the Buyer’s responsibility including the flying with a puppy nanny of a replacement puppy.
Descending of testicles is not covered by the warranty. Color, weight, temperament, etc cannot be guaranteed in a young puppy. However, Seller can make an educated guess based upon the parent’s physical characteristics and personality, as well as previous litters.
We will not be held responsible for any vaccinations given by a veterinarian after puppy has left our care. We have already given all proper immunizations needed at time of sale for age and weight.
We do not cover sickness or death due to the result of negligence on the part of the owner. A puppy should not be in contact with any other dogs\puppies until 10 days after the 2’ shot. This includes places where dogs frequent. We also recommend that your puppy be started on heartworm as soon as you get it. All pups will receive their first shot at 7-8 weeks of age, worming from 2 to 8 weeks, dews\tails done, vet check at 1-3 days & 7-8 weeks old, and if they fly to you (with a puppy nanny), within five days of flying. All pups will be delivered with a shot record, vet statement and other paperwork.
The full contract price must be paid prior to delivery of pup. This contract must be signed and returned with final payment. We cannot release a pup without the signed contract.
Buyer agrees to provide the pup/dog with a proper, loving, inside home. The Buyer agrees to feed their puppy/dog only a premium quality food. The Buyer agrees to keep their puppy/dog at a healthy weight. The buyer agrees that the puppy/dog should not become overweight or developing joints become overstressed. The buyer agrees to give the puppy a chance to properly grow and develop by restricting excessive jumping, bouncing, long walks/hikes, etc. to allow healthy musculoskeletal system to develop. A well-built body is the result that comes from excellent breeding and a great upbringing; BOTH, not just one. The Buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their puppy/dog and keep all immunizations current. The Buyer is encouraged to provide basic obedience training with their puppy within the first year of owning their dog. The Buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, repetitive exercise until after their puppy is over one year of age. The Buyer agrees to keep the dog groomed and in good coat condition.
The pup is not being bought for resale and if at any time the pup/dog cannot be cared for, that you will contact the Breeder/Seller. Any pup may be returned with original paperwork at any time throughout its life with no exchange of funds. The Buyer agrees to give the Breeder/Seller every opportunity to help in the rehome process. In the judgement of the Breeder/Seller, the Breeder/Seller also has the option to have the puppy/dog returned to the Breeder/Seller with no explanation. The new rehoming owner must also sign a new contract. The puppy/dog must also never be relinquished to a pound or shelter. This pup cannot be transferred to a third party without Breeder/Seller approval and written consent. This contract applies to the approved buyer only and is non-transferable to a second party.
ALTERNATIVES TO TRADITIONAL SPAY & NEUTER “Ovary Sparing Spay and Vasectomy”
Facebook group: Ovary Sparing Spay and Vasectomy Info Group
Direct link to compiled vet list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NJ2bSdpqoDcaIfcRveIaHOGDru0IRqAyCmP9kj_0RR8/edit
TITER TEST. Many Pet Parents Now Demand This, Saving Their Pets From Potential Agony
GUARDIAN CONTRACT AGREEMENT
The intent of this agreement is to provide ________________________ (Guardians) with a StudToy Poodle at no purchase price for Breeder to have this dog included in “LuvMyToyPoodles” breeding program.
This puppy remains the property of the Breeder, Luver Knauft, for a period of four years or the completion of two litter, whichever occurs first. At that time, ownership will be transferred to Guardians without breeding rights.
This puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of delivery. This puppy has been vet checked; is up to date on shots and de-worming; has dew claws removed and tail docked. A health record is furnished on delivery with vet certification. AKC Reunite ID Chip #____________________
1) Safely confine dog by use of a fence (either physical or electric) or leash.
2) Keep the dog accustomed to periods of time in the crate daily, either sleeping or resting.
3) Give the puppy/dog a chance to properly grow and develop by restricting excessive jumping, bouncing, long walks/hikes, etc. to allow healthy musculoskeletal system to develop. A well-built body is the result that comes from excellent breeding and a great upbringing; BOTH, not just one. Exercise should not be strenuous for the first 15 months of life.
4) Provide basic obedience training: “come”, “sit”, “stay”, “stay back from door”, “crate” (no dashing out of doors), no jumping on people. Also provide housebreaking.
5) Feed high quality dog food (example: either Merrick or Fromm dog food.
6) Provide vet care as needed, including vaccinations at Guardian’s expense.
7) Keep this dog free from fleas, ticks, and other parasites.
8) Deliver dog to Breeder or meet Breeder upon request with 48 hours’ notice for breeding purposes. Male guardian dogs are generally not kept overnight at our home, but we do require close communication and a lot of flexibility from our male guardian homeowners. We may have females come into season more quickly or often than expected so we may borrow our guardian boys quite often. After the male guardian dog’s “date” he can go back to his owner until the next “date”. Usually, stud will be needed every other day for 3-4 days.
9) Contact Breeder immediately in the event of serious illness or accident including severe diarrhea, loss of appetite, vomiting, etc.
10) Notify Breeder of any absences or vacations of the local area in advance and give contacts for dog’s caretaker during absence.
11) Send a copy of all vet visits to Breeder.
12) License dog with Berrien County and keep license current.
13) Male dogs can only mate with Breeder’s females, so the Guardian Home is responsible for keeping the male away from intact female dogs. Guardians of intact males will need to consider the importance of keeping him properly contained to prevent unwanted litters.
14) Maintain this contract even if Guardian moves out of the area, including flying the dog to Breeder when requested at Guardian’s expense.
15) Guardian agrees to keep puppy away from the floor or ground of public places such as pet stores, parks, dog parks, groomer, and the floor of vet office until the DHPV series is complete (approximately 16 weeks). This is to prevent parvo, a deadly disease to puppies.
16) The puppy/dog must also never be relinquished to a pound or shelter. This pup cannot be transferred to a third party without Breeder/Seller approval and written consent.
17) If the breeder is not available during “heat cycle”, it is the guardian’s responsibility to deliver the dog to the previously arranged appointment. Breeder will set this up at least 48 hours in advance.
18) Keep dog well socialized with other dogs and people of all ages.
19) The Guardian is responsible for all non-breeding related expenses, including but not limited to vaccinations, deworming, parasite control, food, and emergency vet expenses.
20) Always keep this dog well-groomed. The dog will need regular brushing to help keep the coat from matting. Utilize a professional groomer experienced with ‘doodle’ grooming when needed every 6-8 weeks to keep the coat well maintained and healthy. Breeder will
suggest grooming products.
21) Breeders may immediately remove a stud dog from the Guardian home should the Guardians hire out the stud, or sell his semen, without specific written permission from Breeders. If this occurred, the Guardians would also pay the Breeders $3,500.00, the value of said stud service or semen.
1) Provided Guardian with a healthy puppy.
2) Approve Guardian’s choice of dog food.
3) Provide support when requested for the life of dog.
4) Provide and set up appointments for stud services.
5) Pay for neuter or spay at the completion of contract or when Breeder deems the dog to not be needed for breeding.
6) Sell puppies from litter by advertising the litter on breeder’s website and other media avenues.
7) Breeder will take the Guardian Dog back if for any reason the Guardian is no longer able to keep Guardian Dog until the end of the Contract. No monies will be exchanged in the event of Guardian returning Guardian Dog.
Should the dog die of natural or accidental causes while in possession of Guardian this agreement shall terminate. Should the dog die while in the Breeder’s possession this agreement shall terminate, and Breeder shall provide Guardian with a replacement puppy from the next litter.
At any time that this Breeder finds non-compliance of this agreement, contract terminates, and possession shall immediately return to Breeder.
During the life of this dog Guardian may return dog to Breeder at any time.
If Guardian allows this dog to be bred without written consent of Breeder, Guardian will owe Breeder $2,500.00 for every puppy produced in the litter. Any legal costs incurred to collect this payment will be paid by the Guardian.
Non-Transferable - This Contract shall not be transferred to another Breeder or Guardian in whole or
in part without prior agreement.